WDMESC Literacy Department
- Literacy (K-3)
- R.I.S.E. (K-2)
- Literacy (4-5)
- Dyslexia (K-12)
- R.I.S.E. (3-6)
Disciplinary literacy can be defined as the specialized ways of reading, writing, thinking, speaking, and listening within a given field. Co-op support includes (but is not limited to) professional development, lesson planning, classroom demonstration lessons, and observation/coaching sessions with feedback. This includes support for science and social studies teachers.
- Professional development in comprehensive literacy includes the following topics:
- Reading and Writing Argument
- Reading and Writing Informational text
- Reading and Writing Narrative text
- Co-op support includes (but is not limited to) professional development, lesson planning, classroom demonstration lessons, and observation/coaching sessions with feedback.
SIM (Strategic Instruction Model) is a professional development that includes Content Enhancement Routines (CER). SIM CER is a research-based professional development designed for all teachers (including content-area teachers, Special education, GT, ELL, and AP teachers). Content Enhancement Routines are powerful teaching devices used to organize and present content in an understandable and easy-to-learn manner. Teachers identify content that they deem to be the most critical and teach it using a powerfully designed teaching routine that actively engages students with the content. Enrollment in SIM CER must be completed through the building administration.